Tuesday, September 19, 2006

 
ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL HILL COUNTRY SKY

Right off, I admit I did not take this photo, someone else did! I had a choice to make: either run into the house and get my camera or live in the moment. I chose to enjoy what was happening all around me as the sun set and, in the afterglow, the sky turned first peachy-colored, then darkened to near-purple. On top of that, there was a rainbow right at the end of my street, to the east.

Betty, I'm really sorry you didn't get to see this Sunday night because I know you miss the sunsets you enjoyed in the Panhandle. And it may make you feel worse when I tell you I rang your doorbell! I didn't hang around banging on the door because I knew the window of glory would only last another few minutes. Please forgive me.

Sure enough, everything changed within 5 minutes as darkness fell on our little valley.

Oh! I forgot to tell you about the progression. First the horizon turned a peachy color, then the piled-up clouds changed, and then our lake reflected the color of the clouds. It was as if the whole world turned the same shade. But only for a few minutes. I'm sure there will be another beautiful sunset but it will be a long time before we have a sunset plus the lake plus the rainbow- all complementing each other in such a glorious combination.

Photo by Marada

Comments:
We must call an electrician over to fix that door bell!!! Thanks for trying to get in touch with me. Continue to capture those beautiful sunsets...one of these evenings maybe I can enjoy it with you!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

©2006 by Jay KTX. The contents of this blog may be reproduced or forwarded by e-mail without change and in entirety for non-commercial purposes without prior permission from Jay KTX provided the copyright information is included.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?