Tuesday, August 08, 2006

 
YES, WE HAVE ANTLERS TODAY!

Most of the bucks we see in our small valley have only buds instead of antlers, so I was impressed with this young male. He was also one of the rare ones who didn't run at my approach. At least not right away!

I came upon him at a turn in the road at the top of one of the hills I try to climb early each morning. When I first saw him I stopped and stood still for several minutes. Then I took three giant steps and stopped, stock still again. He let me do this about ten times before he literally turned tail and ran, white flag showing. At every stop I snapped photos, thinking I might not get any closer. You can see how close I got from this photo. Isn't he pretty?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

©2006 by Jay KTX. The contents of this blog may be reproduced or forwarded by e-mail without change and in entirety for non-commercial purposes without prior permission from Jay KTX provided the copyright information is included.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?